Extra column in Content Query WebPart not showing

So one quick tip..  I had a requirement to add an extra field for a CQWP, and map it to display a column inside my target list, Here is a mistake that took me a while until I figured it out:

So to add a new field, we modify both ItemStyle.xsl and the .webpart file to include our new field, right?

I have my field inside my list called: SecondLocation, so in our Template inside the ItemStyle.xsl, we add this field inside a div or any other html control we may need, in order to style it, like this:

<xsl:value-of select=”@SecondLocation”/>

Now we will add this field to the webpart itself, because it’s not there by default, so we export the webpart, and add this field to the “CommonViewFields” section, what I did is like this:

<property name=”CommonViewFields” type=”string”>
SecondLocation, Text
</property>

When I tried to view the webpart, I didn’t see my field displayed, Although the internal name is right, the field is written in ItemStyle.xsl, the field is added to the .webpart file, the thing is with the formatting of the xml for the .webpart itself, instead of writing the properties for the webpart on multiple columns, you should write it all on the same column, like this:

<property name=”CommonViewFields” type=”string”>SecondLocation, Text</property>